About Megan Barber, CEO of Barber Virtual Assisting Solutions, in her own words.
Hi! My name is Megan Barber and I am a business owner, a Real Estate Virtual Assistant, a real estate fanatic, and a lover of internet and social media.
I am the owner and CEO of Barber Virtual Assisting Solutions, which I opened in 2005. I started my business after several years working “behind the scenes” of the industry doing various jobs in real estate marketing, office management, and as an agent assistant. It was after working as an in-house assistant part-time while needing more work, it dawned on me that I could be helping multiple REALTORS® at a time as a full-time business — and that is how I stumbled into the Virtual Assistant world and have been virtually helping agents all over the country ever since.
I now run a team of Real Estate Support Specialists, where we assist agents with their personal and listing marketing online (websites, Facebook, Twitter, blogs, video) as well as their offline marketing (brochures, flyers, postcards, direct mail, etc.). Following real estate and real estate technology is a passion of mine and I truly love being a business owner and love what I do.
I am a “work-from-home mommy” to a very active toddler boy, so you will find me spending my days going from crayon wrangling with my son, to managing client calls and marketing projects. At times I may be working odd hours and you’ll find that I schedule many phone calls to occur during nap time. It’s a juggling act, but I’m having fun doing it.
I am also a Social Media junkie, a New Jersey transplant, a Pacific Northwest girl at heart, a crafter, a wine lover, and a loving wife.
- Owner of Barber Virtual Assisting Solutions since 2005
- Over 10 years of real estate industry experience
- Previous experience as a real estate office manager, in-house Realtor assistant, and marketing assistant and advertising coordinator of a large Oregon real estate company
- Currently serving on the Board of Directors of the Delaware Valley Virtual Assistant Association (DVVAA) as the VP of Marketing
As a Professional Real Estate Virtual Assistant, some of my most important education and certifications include:
- Social Media Marketing Specialist
- Certified Virtual Assistant (CVA), by the International virtual Assistants Association
- EthicsChecked VA by the IVAA
- Certified Real Estate Support Specialist (CRESS), by the International Virtual Assistants Association (IVAA)
- Certified REAL ESTATE WEBOGRAPHER™ Professional
- Real Estate Sales Person’s license in the state of New Jersey (non-selling, referral only)